26 nov A Practical Introduction to Functional Programming
This course aims to introduce you to functional programming in a practical setting. It will introduce concepts with real-world examples and give some hands-on experience to explore the potential of functional programming at first hand.
Who should attend this training
This course is intended for everybody with an interest in improving the quality of their delivered software solutions, but not yet introduced to the concepts of functional programming.
This course will answer the following questions:
- Why should you invest in learning functional programming?
- How could it improve your software quality?
- What techniques could you start using in your current practice tomorrow?
We will answer these questions in a practical hands-on manner where functional programming will be used in a web development setting to gain some actual experience with functional programming.
This course covers the basics of functional programming. It is required to have a basic understanding of software programming in any language.
- Introduction to functional programming fundamentals
- Impact of functional programming on software quality with real-world examples
- An introduction to the hands-on project
- A view on a traditional approach to tackle the problem
- Guided exercise to apply functional programming techniques to improve the overall project quality